Admission Requirement for Higher Education Institutions in Chile
Universities in Chile offer a wide range of study programmes at all degree levels-undergraduate and graduate. The admission requirements and procedure varies from university to university. Read on to know about the admission requirements for university studies in Chile:
General Admission Requirements
For Undergraduate Degree Programme
Admission to the undergraduate degree programme is based on the Licencia de Educacion Media and passing of an entrance examination.
University Selection Test (Prueba de Seleccion Universitaria, or PSU)
In order to gain admittance into the undergraduate programme, students must undertake an entrance exam-PSU. This entrance examination has two mandatory subjects and two elective subjects. Mandatory subject tests are:
- Language and communication
- History, Geography and Social Sciences
Each higher education institution in Chile sets its own “University Selection Test (PSU)
” entry requisite. The score requirement for PSU varies. Traditional universities require high score for PSU.
Minimum PSU score requirement: 475
For Graduate Programme
For master’s degree, students must hold a bachelor degree or an equivalent professional degree.
For doctoral degree programme, students must hold a master’s degree in a related field.
Students must apply directly to the higher education institution
of their choice. Fill in an application form and submit it along with the necessary documents to the institution. Admission through the national university selection test-PSU
can also be done for the undergraduate degree programmes in the Chilean universities.
- Academic transcripts
- Evidence of sufficient financial resources stating that you have adequate means to pay for your studies and stay in Chile
- A valid copy of passport and passport-size photos
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae: It should include the academic and professional background.
- Recommendation letter
- Spanish language proficiency: International pupils are required to proof their proficiency in Spanish language.
- Research proposal for doctoral studies: It must be 2 to 3 pages long outlining the research title, significance, methodology, literature and reference.
*All documents must be translated in Spanish language.
To know more about the admission requirements and procedure for higher education in Chile, contact the chosen higher education institution directly.